There are many different types of jackets for men. The latest styles change so often that it can be challenging to know what you should wear and what you shouldn’t. Here’s a guide to help you navigate the tricky styling waters of men’s clothing.
Men’s Jackets for All Seasons
If you live in a place with all four seasons, then you know how difficult it is to navigate between jackets. It’s important to layer in cool weather and go with minimalism in warm weather. These are some of our favorite men’s jacket styles for all seasons. Please note we’ve listed the regular price for each jacket, but you might be able to obtain a better price.
These jacket styles are inspired by aviation. They were initially designed for pilots to wear but were quickly adopted into mainstream culture. We could probably credit “Top Gun” for that. If you don’t have one hanging in your closet, then now’s the time.
- It has a mid-weight feel to it, so you can wear it in light weather or on a breezy day.
- The stand-up collar gives it a sophisticated feel.
- Front zip closure for a sleek look
- The lining is made of a soft fleece sherpa material.
- It’s water-resistant and machine washable, giving it an edge with convenience.
- The Levis red logo tab is on the left chest pocket.
- This H&M casual jacket makes the bomber style everyday wearable.
- Made of 65% polyester, 35% cotton
- Zip front
- Snap fastener with front pockets
- Stylized ribbing at the neckline, cuffs, and hem
- Fine-knit lining for added comfort
Remember the good old days, when your biggest problem was deciding what to wear for school, or figuring out who you were going to go to prom with. Well, these varsity jacket types will have you thinking back to being in high school. Fortunately, they’re still just as cool today as they were back then.
- It comes in two colors, navy and black.
- Enjoy two different looks with the reversible feature.
- The zip closure makes it easy to protect yourself on a windy day.
- Materials contain 100% polyester and faux leather.
- Two front slip pockets for a sporty look
- Great for light weather, but has long sleeves for cooler days.
- Machine wash and tumble dry for long-lasting wear.
- The striped trim at the collar gives it a sleek look.
- Cuffs provide the right accent to the patch graphics.
- The baseball collar and snap-front closure give it a classic fit.
- Two slant hand pockets with two-tone accents
- Made of polyester, rayon, and spandex.
- Dry clean only
- Has a worn-in look
- Dual patch chest pockets with button-through flaps
- Signature CK etched buttons give it a classic look
- Lightweight jacket with a pointed collar and long sleeves
- Trucker seam detailing throughout the jacket
- 100% cotton makes it machine washable
- Spread collar with button-flap patch pockets at the chest
- Lightweight feel with long sleeves and buttoned cuffs
- Six-button placket with welt pockets in front
- Adjustable button-tabs at the back of the waist
- Engineered with innovative Built-In Flex stretch technology, which allows for both comfort and movement.
- Dark denim wash, with accent fading and bleaching for a lived-in look.
You can never go wrong with timeless leather. It has a classic look that will never go out of style. From James Dean to Brad Pitt, leather has been a staple of every man’s wardrobe throughout history, both onscreen and off.
- A smooth, quilted lining creates an essential modern style.
- The leather shell and stand collar are a medium weight for light weather.
- Front zip closure for ease and comfort
- Made with genuine lambskin leather, polyester, wool, and acrylic.
- Must be professionally cleaned.
- Specially created for Macy’s.
- Film inspired jacket gives you the look of characters like Han Solo in “Star Wars.”
- Made of 100% genuine lambskin leather for a sophisticated feel.
- The viscose lining makes it soft against your neck and arms.
- Zip closure and stand-up collar for classic style
- Four pockets outside and two inside, so you’ll always have a place for your keys and wallet.
Tips for Making It Work
You can have the right jacket, but if you don’t know how to style it, then your appearance will still suffer. Here are a few tips to elevate the look of your jacket.
- Wear a clean, crisp white t-shirt underneath a denim or leather jacket. This will give you a look that will make your love interest swoon.
- Wear tennis shoes and jeans with a varsity jacket. The casual look only works when your footwear is just as casual.
- On a cold day, try a scarf with your bomber jacket. You’ll stay nice and warm while bringing the look of your jacket up a few notches.
- Try a button-up shirt and tie with your denim jacket. Combining casual with sophistication is a combination that works incredibly well when done right.
- Don’t mix and match black and brown. If you have a brown jacket, make sure you have brown shoes. If you have a black jacket, make sure you have black shoes. Some might argue that’s an old school fashion tip, but there’s a reason why classic looks don’t go out of style.
Every man should have a varsity, denim, leather, and bomber jacket in their closet. They’re versatile jackets that can go with anything. Best of all, you’ll not only look good, but you’ll also feel good. Being protected from the ailments while still looking good is really the best of both worlds.